1. New Year’s Eve is the busiest night of the year for Uber, Lyft, & cab drivers. When the bars close for the night, everyone will be trying to find a ride and you could be waiting a long time. Plus, you don’t have to worry about who will be the designated driver. If you get a room, everyone can have a good time!
2. Getting a hotel room is less expensive than a ticket, accident, or DUI – and you know the cops will be out in full force.
3. A hotel room makes it easy to get ready before your event or party and if you forget something or want to change your outfit, you can bring options!
4. Having a room is also an opportunity for romance (wink, wink). Nothing is better than alcohol and an evening in a hotel room.
5. FREE BREAKFAST! Most hotels offer FREE breakfast in the morning! It could be the cure all for your hangover needs!
The Spectacular View From the Atheneum Hotel Ballroom
The 2nd annual Motor City Gala at the luxurious Atheneum Hotel in Greektown is Detroit’s most exclusive hotel party, offering guests an opportunity to safely celebrate the New Year in style. The three-story ballroom of the Atheneum Hotel is the perfect location for this sophisticated soiree, offering several premium bars and breathtaking views of the Detroit skyline from the 8th floor of the hotel.
Gala attendees can take advantage of discount hotel rooms at both the Atheneum and the Marriott Hotel in the Ren Cen, with shuttles running to and from all night long. Live in the city? The Gala also offers shuttles to and from several locations downtown.
There are three ticket types available for this exciting New Year’s event. VIP tickets start from $165 and include a 3-course gourmet dinner with acoustic performance, and premium bar package from 8pm-1am. Party Passes start from $99 and include a premium bar package from 9pm-1am. Luxury booths and half booths are available for purchase. Inquiries into pricing and availability can be directed to 248-543-1000.
For the past five years The Met Hotel has played host to Metro Detroit’s largest New Year’s Eve bash, attracting over 1,000 guests annually. Voted “Best NYE Hotel Party” by the Detroit Free Press, The Met Hotel offers partygoers discount hotel rooms for a safe party atmosphere. The 15,000 sq. ft. event space is Metro Detroit’s largest ballroom and will feature Detroit’s top DJ’s spinning until 4am, an expansive dance floor to showcase your moves, multiple TV’s featuring the NYC ball drop and screening of the Cotton Bowl, champagne toast, and midnight confetti storm & balloon drop.
Tickets start at $85 and include 12 drink tickets, lavish hors d’oeuvres & champagne fountains, midnight buffet, and free on-site parking.
Luxury VIP booths are available for purchase, and include 10 tickets, 2 reserved couches/tables, 2 bottles from the VIP bottle menu, 1 bottle of Korbel Champagne, and a private server (tip included in reservation price). For more information call NYEDetroit at 248-543-1000.
To reserve your hotel room at The Met, call 248.879.2100. Online booking is not available for NYE.
VisitNYEDetroit.comfor detailed information on this and more Detroit New Year’s Eve events.