After making plans the next step is finding something to wear…
Start Planning Early
Figuring out what you’ll be wearing on New Year’s Eve is annoying, especially if you wait till the last minute. To avoid stressing out, get yourself on Pinterest… ASAP! They have so many GREAT ideas for hair, nails, makeup, outfits, etc.
Give Yourself Plenty of Time to Get
Avoid rushing… If you think it will take you 3 hours to get ready, than give yourself 4. Starting early allows you to take your time and relax before leaving the house. It also prevents you from becoming the person everyone has to wait on.
Women: Know Thy Heel Limit or Pack a Pair of Flats
Is there anything worse than watching a woman in pain because of her heels? If you can’t walk in a pair of shoes with confidence, then don’t wear those shoes. If you must wear those shoes, then pack a backup pair. Dr. Scholl’s offers a product called Fast Flats that are perfect for this situation.
After a LONG Holiday Season… take time and give yourself a little TLC. The days before NYE are the perfect time to add highlights to your hair or get your nails done. If you have a limited budget, head to Groupon for plenty of savings on local salons. Just remember to book early!
By admin|2017-12-08T22:05:37-05:00December 8th, 2017|New Year's Eve 2018|Comments Off on How to Look Your Very Best for New Year’s Eve 2018
1. New Year’s Eve is the busiest night of the year for Uber, Lyft, & cab drivers. When the bars close for the night, everyone will be trying to find a ride and you could be waiting a long time. Plus, you don’t have to worry about who will be the designated driver. If you get a room, everyone can have a good time!
2. Getting a hotel room is less expensive than a ticket, accident, or DUI – and you know the cops will be out in full force.
3. A hotel room makes it easy to get ready before your event or party and if you forget something or want to change your outfit, you can bring options!
4. Having a room is also an opportunity for romance (wink, wink). Nothing is better than alcohol and an evening in a hotel room.
5. FREE BREAKFAST! Most hotels offer FREE breakfast in the morning! It could be the cure all for your hangover needs!
The Spectacular View From the Atheneum Hotel Ballroom
The 2nd annual Motor City Gala at the luxurious Atheneum Hotel in Greektown is Detroit’s most exclusive hotel party, offering guests an opportunity to safely celebrate the New Year in style. The three-story ballroom of the Atheneum Hotel is the perfect location for this sophisticated soiree, offering several premium bars and breathtaking views of the Detroit skyline from the 8th floor of the hotel.
Gala attendees can take advantage of discount hotel rooms at both the Atheneum and the Marriott Hotel in the Ren Cen, with shuttles running to and from all night long. Live in the city? The Gala also offers shuttles to and from several locations downtown.
There are three ticket types available for this exciting New Year’s event. VIP tickets start from $165 and include a 3-course gourmet dinner with acoustic performance, and premium bar package from 8pm-1am. Party Passes start from $99 and include a premium bar package from 9pm-1am. Luxury booths and half booths are available for purchase. Inquiries into pricing and availability can be directed to 248-543-1000.